One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of chemistry concerned with the processes occurring at interfaces between phases, especially that between liquid and gas.
- ‘Wei said that although DTCs have been around for a long time, their application to surface chemistry has been overlooked and is long overdue.’
- ‘Non-organic surface chemistry was instead invoked to explain most of the results obtained.’
- ‘In 1932, Langmuir received the Nobel Prize for his work in surface chemistry.’
- ‘Queen Mary & Westfield College chemist Roger Nix has put together a web-based reader in surface chemistry for students around the world.’
- ‘He received an NSF Postdoctoral Fellowship to work on analytical and surface chemistry at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill.’
- ‘Our technical approach combines proprietary advances in synthetic chemistry, surface chemistry, molecular biology, enzymology, array technology and optics.’
- ‘Our group's research at the University of Sheffield has concentrated on investigating the effects of surface chemistry on cell behaviour.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.