One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The lowest layer of the earth's atmosphere extending to about one kilometer. Winds within it are affected by friction with the earth's surface.
- ‘There is a relationship between physical properties and nutrients below the surface boundary layer.’
- ‘The lowest level below 50m, which is strongly affected by the physical roughness and temperature of the surface, is called the surface boundary layer.’
- ‘The final deliverable will be a complete end-to-end system for the assessment of important physical and biological parameters in the surface boundary layer, from gathering the data to the evaluation of surface boundary layer processes.’
- ‘Instead, it must be calculated from data collected in wind tunnels or measured in the surface boundary layer at sea.’
- ‘The geometric scale of the simulated surface boundary layers was estimated as 1/250 according to roughness length.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.