One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He then turned, ignoring Brant's look of disapproval, and carried her sure-footedly inside.’
- ‘His deliberately understated portrait of Eton, carefully crafted to be accurate but not so arcane as to alienate readers from other schools, set the Dance sequence sure-footedly on its path.’
- ‘Butler guides readers sure-footedly through the immensely difficult terrain of these rapidly transforming societies.’
- ‘We're calling it a reported essay - something that distills reporting and presents it sure-footedly.’
- ‘More often than not, Martin manages to land sure-footedly but still sprinting.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.