Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for adrenal
- ‘Other sources may be the hepatic, left gastric, renal, suprarenal, or superior mesenteric arteries in about 8% of cases.’
- ‘Unusual tributaries include the superior phrenic, gonadal, renal, and suprarenal veins.’
- ‘More rarely, a gonadal can originate from a suprarenal, inferior phrenic, superior mesenteric, lumbar, common iliac, or internal iliac or inferior polar renal artery.’
- ‘In one case, both the inferior suprarenal and the middle suprarenal arteries supplied the anteromedial part of the organ.’
- ‘They have also been reported arising from a suprarenal, common iliac, or superior mesenteric artery.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.