Relating to or denoting structures composed of several or many molecules.
- ‘In all these studies involving relatively short-chain phospholipids, it is of interest to know what supramolecular structures the phospholipid assemblies form in aqueous solutions of the relevant buffer and salt composition.’
- ‘Multimeric molecules may also be organized into supramolecular structures presenting discrete adhesion domains within the extracellular environment.’
- ‘From the water behavior we could determine five different concentration domains that are related to the supramolecular structures formed by the peptide in solution.’
- ‘To our knowledge we have characterized for the first time supramolecular aggregates of polyproline structures other than collagen.’
- ‘The major difference is that although fatty acid vesicles are long-lived supramolecular structures, their molecular components are in rapid dynamic equilibrium with the surrounding solution and with each other.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.