One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A lymphocyte which can suppress antibody production by other lymphoid cells.
- ‘Despite all of the uncertainties, the concept of the suppressor cell has been supported by various data as a mechanism of tolerance induction.’
- ‘After the invader has been destroyed, suppressor T cells chemically notify B cells and helper T cells to return to a dormant state.’
- ‘Immune suppression has been associated with the release of cytokines, a defect in antigen presentation, induction of suppressor T cells and suppression of contact hypersensitivity.’
- ‘Instead of silencing the attackers directly, we learned how to generate another type of cell, called a regulatory or suppressor cell, which essentially turns off the attackers.’
- ‘The immunosuppressive effect noted by Elmets and Bowen was adoptively transferable suggesting the generation of suppressor cells.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.