One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The sequence of processes involved in the production and distribution of a commodity.
- ‘A supply chain is a mechanism that enables products to be available in the right amount, at the right place and time.’
- ‘Supermarket price wars have put pressure on all parts of the supply chain.’
- ‘Many observers agree that the automotive industry is running its supply chain well.’
- ‘He says most exporters are part of a supply chain, so any delays can have a serious impact on business.’
- ‘If you want to be able to differentiate your products, the supply chain is critical for that.’
- ‘All suppliers can see problems throughout the entire supply chain and it may now be too late to change the bad habits of the boom.’
- ‘This seems to be a pretty good indicator that a shorter supply chain and quicker response time work.’
- ‘Often they are employed at the bottom of the supply chain for supermarkets and other multinationals.’
- ‘Members include key sectors of the supply chain, including farmers and producers.’
- ‘He called for a partnership throughout the supply chain that would share the risks as well as the benefits.’
- ‘Given a long supply chain and a complex process, it is natural to want to control the variables.’
- ‘He set about cleaning up the business, focusing on customer service, the supply chain, marketing and branding.’
- ‘The high quality of local produce and the good supply chain meant it was a natural choice over cheaper ingredients from abroad.’
- ‘Logistics firms were beginning to play a huge part in the global supply chain of the multinational companies.’
- ‘What HP wants to do now is wring profits out of its supply chain, just like every other manufacturer and distributor.’
- ‘Even small firms in the supply chain of larger firms may have to fight off foreign competition.’
- ‘Ten large suppliers in the region are now primed to open up sub-contract opportunities in the supply chain.’
- ‘The fuel cells would also reduce demand on the supply chain and distribution system.’
- ‘We recognize the role of all stakeholders in the supply chain, internal and external to each business.’
- ‘How will the gross margin be distributed among the various elements of the supply chain?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.