One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The sequence of processes involved in the production and distribution of a commodity.
- ‘Ten large suppliers in the region are now primed to open up sub-contract opportunities in the supply chain.’
- ‘He says most exporters are part of a supply chain, so any delays can have a serious impact on business.’
- ‘Given a long supply chain and a complex process, it is natural to want to control the variables.’
- ‘All suppliers can see problems throughout the entire supply chain and it may now be too late to change the bad habits of the boom.’
- ‘We recognize the role of all stakeholders in the supply chain, internal and external to each business.’
- ‘How will the gross margin be distributed among the various elements of the supply chain?’
- ‘Often they are employed at the bottom of the supply chain for supermarkets and other multinationals.’
- ‘If you want to be able to differentiate your products, the supply chain is critical for that.’
- ‘This seems to be a pretty good indicator that a shorter supply chain and quicker response time work.’
- ‘Even small firms in the supply chain of larger firms may have to fight off foreign competition.’
- ‘Members include key sectors of the supply chain, including farmers and producers.’
- ‘What HP wants to do now is wring profits out of its supply chain, just like every other manufacturer and distributor.’
- ‘He set about cleaning up the business, focusing on customer service, the supply chain, marketing and branding.’
- ‘Supermarket price wars have put pressure on all parts of the supply chain.’
- ‘The fuel cells would also reduce demand on the supply chain and distribution system.’
- ‘Logistics firms were beginning to play a huge part in the global supply chain of the multinational companies.’
- ‘The high quality of local produce and the good supply chain meant it was a natural choice over cheaper ingredients from abroad.’
- ‘He called for a partnership throughout the supply chain that would share the risks as well as the benefits.’
- ‘A supply chain is a mechanism that enables products to be available in the right amount, at the right place and time.’
- ‘Many observers agree that the automotive industry is running its supply chain well.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.