One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The amount of a commodity, product, or service available and the desire of buyers for it, considered as factors regulating its price.‘by the law of supply and demand the cost of health care will plummet’
- ‘Just like any other goods or services, it should be subject to the forces of supply and demand, and pricing.’
- ‘Others argue that in our economy, products find a price point by supply and demand.’
- ‘In a free market, in similarity to other goods, the price of money is determined by supply and demand.’
- ‘The main task of the ECSC was to stabilize prices and coordinate supply and demand in the coal and steel market.’
- ‘We know that the law of supply and demand explains the price of a good.’
- ‘As in all markets, a price for bank loans will emerge in credit markets through supply and demand.’
- ‘The only factors that can possibly influence property prices are supply and demand.’
- ‘Slight movements in supply and demand can trigger rapid fluctuations in prices.’
- ‘The price system is that which balances supply and demand for scarce goods.’
- ‘The same holds true also of propositions of price theory which follow from the laws of supply and demand.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.