One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting a policy designed to increase output and employment by changing the conditions under which goods and services are supplied, especially by measures that reduce regulation and taxation.Compare with demand-side
- ‘Eradication of the plants used as the raw material for narcotics production is one of many supply-side policy options available to governments.’
- ‘Both concentrate on supply-side policy, using the stick of ‘employability’ as an excuse to downgrade welfare benefits.’
- ‘These results question Canada's mass expenditure on supply-side policies.’
- ‘The backlash brought monetarist and supply-side doctrines into prominence.’
- ‘The most common types of regional policies are supply-side policies, which attempt to improve the environment for local investment by upgrading the quality of the local production factor inputs.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.