One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Provided in addition to what is already present or available to complete or enhance it.‘many premature infants need supplemental oxygen soon after birth’
- ‘Hyperlinks also were included to point users to supplemental information available on the Internet.’
- ‘Many student farms are organized as student clubs, making them eligible for supplemental funding from student councils.’
- ‘I plan to use it as a supplemental text for each of the courses I teach.’
- ‘A supplemental source of iron must be administered within a few days of birth to prevent anemia.’
- ‘During years of normal rainfall, supplemental irrigation appears to offer no advantages from the standpoint of yield or quality.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.