One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In one of his many well-observed insights Marx pointed out that superstructural ideas often have a tendency to lag behind developments in the economic base of any society under examination.’
- ‘This shows an apparently round open-air structure with a superstructural hut like that at the Swan, but artistic distortion of proportion (especially height) limits this picture's usefulness concerning the Theatre's size.’
- ‘Globalisation is thus often defined as a relationship between material capability and the superstructural institutionalisation that has been constructed to realise this capability.’
- ‘In other words, in classical Marxist terms, the focus of critical theory is almost entirely superstructural.’
- ‘Thus labour remains very much in the domain of the base, and as such it does not have much in common with superstructural phenomena like culture, language and communication.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.