One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Your two hands are not superposable; when your palms face in the same direction, for instance, one thumb will be up, while the other will be down.’
- ‘Enantiomorphs belong to a special class of symmetry that is actually closer to a dissymmetry: ‘the mirror image of [the crystal is] not superposable upon the crystal itself.’’
- ‘Two molecular entities that are superposable or can be made superposable by reflection of one of them in a mirror are isometric; otherwise they are anisometric.’
- ‘Since electrostatic forces are superposable, it follows that electric fields are also superposable.’
- ‘The easiest way to tell if the mirror image is superimposable or not and superposable is to find the stereochemistry at the stereocenter.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.