One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Each of the hypothetical particles which are supersymmetric counterparts of established particles in the standard model of particle physics.‘the theory of supersymmetry states that each fundamental particle has a superpartner’
- ‘Then on integrating out the superpartners we will recover the standard model as a low energy effective theory with its quadratically divergent Higgs mass.’
- ‘Data on the quark and lepton masses and on their superpartner masses may provide major clues to teach us about string theory.’
- ‘The superpartner of a standard particle is called a sparticle.’
- ‘It's called the gravitino because it is the superpartner of the graviton.’
- ‘When computing quantum corrections to the Higgs mass in supersymmetry one discovers an amazing result: each Standard Model particle and its superpartner give equally large contributions, but they are opposite in sign and so cancel each other out exactly!’
1970s: from + super + partner.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.