One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Exceeding or beyond the normal; exceptional.‘a supernormal human’
paranormal, psychic, magic, magical, occult, mystic, mystical, miraculous, superhuman, hypernormal, extramundaneView synonyms
- ‘Armed with these, an airline can make supernormal profits when seasonal summer demand is strong, while sustaining a profitable platform in the fallow winter months.’
- ‘Of course, supernormal profit can be, and often is, competed away in the real world as people come up with innovations and new ways of doing things.’
- ‘Biotech investing is considered risky as it is based on assessing which pipelines can deliver supernormal profits.’
- ‘He claims that his wisdom is almost supernormal in its capacity.’
- ‘Does the current slowdown represent a minor blip or a signal that the supernormal profits enjoyed by drug companies may soon be at an end?’
- ‘The onus is then on the incumbent monopolist to ensure that supernormal profits are never earned.’
- ‘These people are supernormal in terms of resilience and self-confidence.’
- ‘Their asceticism and bodhisattva qualities led their followers to attribute to them a range of supernormal powers, such as discerning other people's thoughts, clairvoyance and ability to ward off malevolent spirits.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.