One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Exceeding or beyond the normal; exceptional.‘a supernormal human’
paranormal, psychic, magic, magical, occult, mystic, mystical, miraculous, superhuman, hypernormal, extramundaneView synonyms
- ‘Of course, supernormal profit can be, and often is, competed away in the real world as people come up with innovations and new ways of doing things.’
- ‘Their asceticism and bodhisattva qualities led their followers to attribute to them a range of supernormal powers, such as discerning other people's thoughts, clairvoyance and ability to ward off malevolent spirits.’
- ‘Biotech investing is considered risky as it is based on assessing which pipelines can deliver supernormal profits.’
- ‘The onus is then on the incumbent monopolist to ensure that supernormal profits are never earned.’
- ‘Armed with these, an airline can make supernormal profits when seasonal summer demand is strong, while sustaining a profitable platform in the fallow winter months.’
- ‘He claims that his wisdom is almost supernormal in its capacity.’
- ‘Does the current slowdown represent a minor blip or a signal that the supernormal profits enjoyed by drug companies may soon be at an end?’
- ‘These people are supernormal in terms of resilience and self-confidence.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.