One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An ordered arrangement of certain atoms that occurs in a solid solution and which is superimposed on the solvent crystal lattice.
- ‘Another model for cholesterol lateral distribution, namely the superlattice model (or regular distribution model), has been proposed recently.’
- ‘It is based on a superlattice composed of alternating single crystal ‘stripes’.’
- ‘Thus, some key issues about the superlattices remain unsolved: How could such crystal-like structures exist in a bilayer without rigid chemical bonds between molecules?’
- ‘Finally, they fix these superlattices in position by baking the particles at 560°C for about 30 minutes - this decomposes the soap molecules to form a hard carbon crust that holds the magnetic particles in position.’
- ‘This exciton model suitably described the main features of their optical properties, including the influence of the superlattice organization of several adjacent rod aggregates in chlorosomes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.