Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for supercluster
- ‘Astronomy extends from the tiny moons around Mars to vast supergalaxies billions of light years away, worm - holes, and tachyons.’
- ‘A few billion years from now, the Milky Way and Andromeda will likely tidally interact in a collision or near-collision to form a possible star-burst supergalaxy, later maturing into a giant elliptical galaxy.’
- ‘It is believed that dark matter predominates in galaxies and supergalaxies, and is the key to understanding how galaxies form and how the large structure of the cosmos is created.’
- ‘The role of galaxy destruction by merging, leading to a new supergalaxy, has been underappreciated until recently.’
- ‘Galaxies are also seen in the process of swinging through each other, colliding and sometimes merging to form a supergalaxy.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.