Finely granulated white sugar that dissolves quickly and is used in cold drinks and baking.
- ‘In a saucepan, bring the superfine sugar, salt, butter, and two ounces of the heavy cream to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar.’
- ‘There is a product in the US called superfine sugar, which is about the same as UK castor/caster sugar.’
- ‘In the other bowl and with clean beaters, beat the 3 egg whites until foamy, sprinkle with the superfine sugar, and continue beating until soft peaks form.’
- ‘In an 8-to 10-ounce glass, combine 20 rinsed fresh mint leaves and 2 teaspoons superfine sugar.’
- ‘Muddle superfine sugar with mint sprigs and club soda in an Old-Fashioned glass.’
- ‘Using superfine sugar, also sold as ‘baker's sugar,’ makes this easier.’