One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for superfetation
- ‘A mother has had two non-twin children on the same day, due to a 1,000,000-1 phenomenon, known as superfecundation, where a woman conceives twice in the same month.’
- ‘Obviously, the twins resulting from superfecundation are dizygotic.’
- ‘The scientific term describing fraternal twins by different fathers is heteropaternal superfecundation.’
- ‘Traditionally, cases of superfecundation have been discovered by the starkly different appearances of twins.’
- ‘The phenomenon, known as superfecundation, usually results in the second baby dying as the older gets better nourished in the womb.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.