Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Transcending human or normal consciousness.‘the superconscious, universal mind of God’
- ‘Gurudeva urged seekers to try to gain a superconscious glimpse of all four at one time.’
- ‘‘The Bwiti believe that iboga is a superconscious spiritual entity that guides mankind,’ he said.’
- ‘Through yoga one bursts into the superconscious mind, experiencing bliss, all-knowingness and perfect silence.’
- ‘I began meeting the Hindu Gods, the Deities, inside the inner areas of the superconscious mind, and learning how to relate to them.’
- ‘He is only to be realized by superconscious perception, and Vedanta teaches us how to attain that.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.