The property of zero electrical resistance in some substances at very low absolute temperatures.
- ‘Such variation in the transition temperatures allows the salient energy scales for antiferromagnetic order and superconductivity to be varied over a wide range and examined in two very different limits.’
- ‘It aims to develop technologies across a wide range of disciplines including superconductivity, nanotechnology, data storage, photonics and power electronics.’
- ‘At the end of 2000 superconductivity in metal alloys and compounds appeared to remain trapped by a glass ceiling.’
- ‘These chemically complex materials can, in fact, provide more information about superconductivity and magnetism than supposedly simple materials.’
- ‘They are developing a new class of electrical components that operate at higher temperatures, such as switches and capacitors, along with superconductivity and thermal-management technologies.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.