One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The property of zero electrical resistance in some substances at very low absolute temperatures.
- ‘It aims to develop technologies across a wide range of disciplines including superconductivity, nanotechnology, data storage, photonics and power electronics.’
- ‘Such variation in the transition temperatures allows the salient energy scales for antiferromagnetic order and superconductivity to be varied over a wide range and examined in two very different limits.’
- ‘At the end of 2000 superconductivity in metal alloys and compounds appeared to remain trapped by a glass ceiling.’
- ‘They are developing a new class of electrical components that operate at higher temperatures, such as switches and capacitors, along with superconductivity and thermal-management technologies.’
- ‘These chemically complex materials can, in fact, provide more information about superconductivity and magnetism than supposedly simple materials.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.