One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Give a highly glazed finish to (paper) by calendering it more than normally calendered paper.‘the paper was dried and then supercalendered’
- ‘The supercalendering process enhances the surface properties of the sheet and provides a desired gloss and finish in accordance with customer requirements.’
- ‘An off-machine, sheet fed supercalender is also available to observe gloss development of coated papers.’
- ‘He is respected for his work in paper coating technology - particularly in thermal finishing and soft nip supercalendering.’
- ‘All shades exist also in a supercalendered version which confers a discreet but sophisticated transparency to the repositionable note.’
- ‘Additionally glossy or textured surfaces can be applied using a process called supercalendering, in which the fresh rolled paper is run through an additional series of rollers to imprint the desired texture.’
- ‘After supercalendering, the paper is cut into smaller rolls.’
- ‘The latent demand for uncoated groundwood publication, printing, and supercalendered paper is not actual or historic sales.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.