One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting a temperature gradient which is steeper than that occurring in adiabatic conditions.
- ‘The theory of the superadiabatic compression BP was developed and the experimental installation was created.’
- ‘Therefore, combustion in the superadiabatic regime significantly extends conventional flammability limits well into the ultra-lean zone.’
- ‘I use the Schwartzchild gradient to find the superadiabatic gradient, because if I use the Ledoux gradient, then the superad. gradient is always negative.’
- ‘All you need to do is look for layers in which the atmosphere is superadiabatic, which is where the lapse rate is steeper than the dry adiabats.’
- ‘Thus, this error may not necessarily be as evident in the temperature measurements, explaining why superadiabatic temperature gradients are not always measured for all instances of dry layers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.