One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘These versatile liquids exhibit Brønsted and Lewis acidity and superacidity; they include liquids ranging from hydrophobic to hydrophilic, and from water-sensitive to air stable.’
- ‘These beads, when reacted under the above disclosed conditions of fluoroalkylsulfonation or fluoro, perfluoroalkylsulfonation, produce surface modified beads of high Bronsted superacidity.’
- ‘As the range of superacidity covers over 11 logarithmic units of the Hammett acidity scale, the mechanistic behavior of small alkanes vary accordingly.’
- ‘A similar approach has been successfully used to elucidate the Brønsted acid sites of sulfated zirconias, which have been linked to the superacidity and catalytic activity of the material.’
- ‘Hammett's first great contribution to chemistry was the concept of superacidity and his acidity function.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.