One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A day on which several US states hold primary elections.
- ‘In the wake of his triumphs on Super Tuesday, which effectively confirmed him as the Democratic nominee, he embarked on a 20-city fundraising tour.’
- ‘In fact, software updates were being sent to the voting machines only two weeks before this March's Super Tuesday elections.’
- ‘Before we talk about vice presidents, since we are on the weekend ahead of Super Tuesday, what are the Zogby polls telling you about what might be happening?’
- ‘Following the ten contests of Super Tuesday, it became undeniable that he had the nomination wrapped up.’
- ‘Well, we were walking down this very narrow area in order to give the speech of the night of Super Tuesday, and she jumped out in front of my wife and bumped into my daughter and yelled, how do you feel?’
- ‘In 1988, presidential candidate Jackson becomes an even greater political force among Democrats when he wins five states and places second in four others in Super Tuesday primaries.’
- ‘‘This showed that our systems are secure,’ she said after the Super Tuesday vote ended with no major technology glitches.’
- ‘Now, there's talk about, well, until Super Tuesday we've got a real chance.’
- ‘He should get the party's seal of approval on Super Tuesday.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.