One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A slalom race that is faster and has wider turns than a giant slalom.‘he broke his humerus in a fall during the super-G’
- ‘I am hoping the Super-G is going to be steep at the top.’
- ‘She won gold medals in combined, slalom and giant slalom, as well as silver in super-G.’
- ‘In 1999, she won the downhill and Super-G at the World Cup in St Anton, Austria.’
- ‘Unlike downhill, when competitors get to compete in a series of practice runs, super-G only allows each skier a 90-minute inspection of the course.’
- ‘I am good in knowing my line and sticking to it and that has been the biggest difference with Super-G this season.’
1980s: abbreviation of super giant slalom.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.