One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- variant of shunyata
- ‘In Buddhism, the term sunyata is used for Emptiness - and in Christianity the word kenosis is sometimes used.’
- ‘In the same way, purification of defilements is part of the process of enlightenment, and it is necessary for our ultimate realization of sunyata.’
- ‘There's certainly an affinity between the Buddhist idea of sunyata of emptiness, and the Western mystical teaching of nothingness.’
- ‘The Sanskrit term is sunyata, translates more or less into English as ‘emptiness’.’
- ‘Bodhisattvas, because of the intense development of their love and compassion, have come to understand sunyata, the emptiness of all phenomena.’
From Sanskrit śūnyatā ‘emptiness’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.