One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A child's one- or two-piece suit of clothes, typically consisting of shorts and sleeveless top, worn in hot sunny weather.
- ‘Fashionable as well as practical, children enjoy wearing these sunsuits and can play comfortably in the water while wearing them.’
- ‘These UPF 50 + kids & baby sunsuits are perfect for keeping your children safer in the sun.’
- ‘In fact once they have worn a sunsuit and realise that they no longer have to suffer two hourly suncream applications, children become very keen indeed to wear their sunsuits which offers great peace of mind to Mum and Dad!’
- ‘Similar sunsuits have been used on Australian beaches for many years and are now becoming quite common in the UK.’
- ‘The baby UV suits (sunsuits) have long sleeves and long legs in a range of colours and designs.’
- ‘The woman wore a bright yellow sunsuit, with blue flowers printed on it.’
- ‘Our sunsuits are designed with higher necks, extended backs and long sleeves to protect delicate skin when bending over and playing in the sand or water.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.