Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A room or area in a building having a glass roof and walls and intended to maximize the power of the sun's rays.
- ‘It's easy to understand why sunspaces are the most popular passive retrofit.’
- ‘What's more, despite the many styles available, sunspaces simply won't blend with certain types of architecture.’
- ‘Solariums are usually considerable larger than sunspaces and may also be used as living space.’
- ‘This development also demonstrates that the attractiveness of sunspaces can lead occupants to annex them as additional living space with fitted carpets etc which can compromise their effectiveness.’
- ‘Heat is collected from the upper part of the sunspace and blown via ducting to other areas of the house.’
- ‘This was something I put together as a kind of experiment to see if a little sunspace made from scrap lumber and some poly sheeting could collect any useful heat.’
- ‘The air heater wall should be inside a sunspace, to keep it warmer during the day, when losses are greatest.’
- ‘The functional outdoor living spaces include an outdoor dining porch, front porch / sunspace, laundry room (now located in the garage), cool tower, and outdoor ‘cowboy’ shower.’
- ‘These solar sunspaces can also incorporate passive solar energy to help supplement heat to your home in the winter.’
- ‘The couple also felt it was important to personally visit other homes where sunspaces had been installed by the manufacturer they were about to select.’
- ‘In fact, a well-designed sunspace can provide up to 60% of a home's winter heating requirements.’
- ‘Night time insulation of windows and sunspaces is equally important.’
- ‘A modern variation on the porch is the sunroom or sunspace, conservatory, greenhouse, or solarium.’
- ‘As stated earlier in this report on the hypothesis page, we believe the sunspace will overheat on sunny days.’
- ‘The project examines the performance and use of sunspaces in order to market then in such a manner that maximises their energy saving potential and to avoid misuse with the associated energy losses.’
- ‘In fact, well-designed sunspaces can provide up to 60% of a home's winter heating requirements.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.