One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A room or area in a building having a glass roof and walls and intended to maximize the power of the sun's rays.
- ‘In fact, well-designed sunspaces can provide up to 60% of a home's winter heating requirements.’
- ‘These solar sunspaces can also incorporate passive solar energy to help supplement heat to your home in the winter.’
- ‘Solariums are usually considerable larger than sunspaces and may also be used as living space.’
- ‘A modern variation on the porch is the sunroom or sunspace, conservatory, greenhouse, or solarium.’
- ‘Heat is collected from the upper part of the sunspace and blown via ducting to other areas of the house.’
- ‘What's more, despite the many styles available, sunspaces simply won't blend with certain types of architecture.’
- ‘It's easy to understand why sunspaces are the most popular passive retrofit.’
- ‘In fact, a well-designed sunspace can provide up to 60% of a home's winter heating requirements.’
- ‘The couple also felt it was important to personally visit other homes where sunspaces had been installed by the manufacturer they were about to select.’
- ‘This development also demonstrates that the attractiveness of sunspaces can lead occupants to annex them as additional living space with fitted carpets etc which can compromise their effectiveness.’
- ‘This was something I put together as a kind of experiment to see if a little sunspace made from scrap lumber and some poly sheeting could collect any useful heat.’
- ‘The project examines the performance and use of sunspaces in order to market then in such a manner that maximises their energy saving potential and to avoid misuse with the associated energy losses.’
- ‘As stated earlier in this report on the hypothesis page, we believe the sunspace will overheat on sunny days.’
- ‘The air heater wall should be inside a sunspace, to keep it warmer during the day, when losses are greatest.’
- ‘The functional outdoor living spaces include an outdoor dining porch, front porch / sunspace, laundry room (now located in the garage), cool tower, and outdoor ‘cowboy’ shower.’
- ‘Night time insulation of windows and sunspaces is equally important.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.