One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A room with large windows and sometimes a glass roof, designed to allow in a lot of sunlight.
- ‘You'll want to consider sunrooms or screened porches you can build now or add in the future.’
- ‘Double doors lead to the dining room which in turn extends to a sunroom with sliding patio doors.’
- ‘Glazing may be single-pane, but in newer, more energy-efficient sunrooms, double-glazing is nearly always used.’
- ‘Nathan walked into the sunroom that over looked the sea.’
- ‘An attractive sunroom opens onto a hall with natural pine floor and doors.’
- ‘And there are loads of bedrooms, not to mention multiple sunrooms, studies, hallways and bathrooms.’
- ‘Given Sydney's mild climate, these sunrooms can operate comfortably for up to 60 percent of the year.’
- ‘In addition to a pool and sunrooms along the lake, the hotel offers lakefront dining on the patio in the summer and a wine shop that stocks hard-to-find local wines.’
- ‘Finally at twelve Mina stumbled into the sunroom, humming tunelessly under her breath.’
- ‘I intend to rebuild the sunroom in the future to improve its already considerable aesthetic and thermal qualities.’
- ‘The second was the sunroom and the stairs that led up to it from the outside.’
- ‘This material is also excellent for use on low-pitched roofs in areas such as porches, sunrooms and shed dormers, and as additional protection in valleys and other particularly vulnerable areas.’
- ‘Sliding doors, which have one fixed panel and another that glides along top and bottom tracks, can be good choices for sunrooms as an entryway.’
- ‘A bright breakfast room adjoins the kitchen; it has a large skylight and leads to the fully plumbed utility room and sunroom.’
- ‘It would help if in picking its franchisees, the company reached out to vendors who already have other income sources, such as those who make patios, install swimming pools, or build sunrooms.’
- ‘Tropical plants and summer vegetable starts do well in a closed-in patio / sunroom, which is heated only by the sun.’
- ‘Pine double doors lead to an airy sunroom with vaulted pine ceiling.’
- ‘An archway from the kitchen leads to a wooden-floored sunroom where large windows again offer superb views and provide great natural light.’
- ‘Even sitting in the sunroom, with the morning sun shining on her through the room's many windows she was still cold.’
- ‘The accommodation includes an entrance porch, living room, kitchen, sunroom, office, four bedrooms, a bathroom and a garage.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.