One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A class held on Sundays to teach children about their religion.
- ‘Wanting to preserve and transmit a great culture, we even teach Sunday school and Hebrew classes.’
- ‘There was a lot of religious convention: going to church and church school and Sunday school.’
- ‘In addition, it is hoped that the church can set up a Sunday school around the nearby Orbital Shopping Centre.’
- ‘Regularly three times a week we have meetings and continue to teach children in our Sunday school.’
- ‘In the three years the congregation has grown to more than 100 and along with the Sunday school there is now a Bible class for teenagers.’
- ‘Josephine has only finished third grade but decided to enroll in a Sunday school at a local church in Virginia.’
- ‘At the same time, a Sunday school for children was established.’
- ‘At my old Sunday school in Mosgiel we were taught that those were important Christian principles.’
- ‘As a child I went to Sunday school and church every week.’
- ‘He was very active in church, teaching Sunday school and leading youth for many years.’
- ‘The event, organised by the Sunday school of Stillingfleet Parish Church, was planned as an alternative to a nativity play.’
- ‘Smith started the brigade as a means of controlling the boys who attended his Scottish free church Sunday school.’
- ‘Mr Finch said the scheme would also cut off the vicarage from the Methodist church in Stockbridge Road, which runs a joint Sunday school.’
- ‘We had a thriving church, three services on Sundays and a four-class Sunday school.’
- ‘They were devoted members of the Upham Road United Reformed Church, where Frank ran the Sunday school for a number of years.’
- ‘A long-standing member of the Parish Church, who ran the Sunday school for many years, has died aged 101.’
- ‘This idea was shelved, and the church was used only as a Sunday school.’
- ‘Mrs Pye became a well-known figure in the town and was a stalwart of St David's Church, where she taught at the Sunday school.’
- ‘They have been given Bibles, tracts and other Christian material, and some have even started coming to our Sunday school.’
- ‘We had a new student who had never been to Sunday school or summer Bible school before.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.