One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cream or lotion for protecting the skin from the sun and preventing sunburn.
- ‘So make sure to take a hat, sunglasses with ultra-violet protection and plenty of sunblock and high-factor suncream.’
- ‘Which brings me to my next point: You must use sunblock or sunscreen in order to protect your skin from the sun.’
- ‘Clinique Sparkle Skin exfoliator before sunbathing ensures my tan lasts and Lancome sunblock gives me both the UVA and UVB protection to tan safely’
- ‘The sunscreens and sunblocks mentioned here protect against both UVA and UVB rays, and most do not contain the potentially allergy-inducing, synthetic PABA.’
- ‘As with other areas of the body, skin cancer of the eyelid can be avoided by using sunblock, sunglasses and hats.’
- ‘Plus, it contains a PABA-free SPF 15 sunblock for added protection from winter sun.’
- ‘Therefore, all patients should be cautioned to use sunblock and, whenever possible, to cover exposed skin when they are outdoors.’
- ‘Wear a sunscreen or sunblock with a minimum SPF 15, says the American Academy of Dermatology.’
- ‘If you have very frail/light skin, you must use sunblock!’
- ‘While creams are the primary type of sunblock other forms include gels, lotions, and sprays.’
- ‘But, they do have to use sunblock on any exposed skin, such as the tips of their noses.’
- ‘But neither sunscreen nor sunblock is 100 percent effective, so it's important to also protect your skin with hats, sunglasses, clothing, and umbrellas.’
- ‘The sun is fierce, so pack sunglasses, sunblock, hats, quick-drying shorts, and long-sleeved shirts along with your bathing suit and rugged sandals.’
- ‘Use water-resistant suntan lotion / sunblock and even consider wearing a T-shirt while you snorkel, especially under the strong midday sun.’
- ‘The American Cancer Society estimates that more than 51,000 skin cancer cases will be diagnosed this year, so your best bet is to wear sunblock and protective clothing.’
- ‘Bright white zinc oxide, found in surf shops, does not irritate skin and is a very effective sunblock.’
- ‘Could you recommend any kind of sunblock that won't ruin my skin?’
- ‘Use a sunscreen or sunblock with a sun protection factor of at least 15, even on cloudy days.’
- ‘More than 60% of these respondents said they wear sunblock as a preventive measure against skin cancer.’
- ‘However, minimizing your exposure to the sun and making sure to protect yourself with sunblock when you are in the sunlight can help reduce signs of aging.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.