One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of hard dried and smoked sausage that is similar to salami in preparation and can be kept without refrigeration.
- ‘The garrulous storeowner sometimes cut up summer sausage and cheese and joined us on the porch where we tilted back frosty green soda bottles and solved the problems of the world.’
- ‘Her company has introduced other types such as peppercorn garlic and bison summer sausage, while another line offers gouda cheese spread in 11 different flavors.’
- ‘Order 10 summer sausages and receive a free box of Powerplay!’
- ‘We stood in the rain, cowering beneath our ponchos, eating summer sausage straight out of the packaging.’
- ‘A pound and a half of walleye does not make a meal for five adults and two youngsters, so we had our usual lunch of beef jerky and dried fruit, fresh apple, cheese, summer sausage, crackers, and so on.’
summer sausage/ˈsəmər ˌsäsij/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.