One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A camp providing recreational and athletic facilities for children during the summer vacation period.
- ‘Great credit goes to all the organisers/trainers who made the summer camp such a success for all.’
- ‘The summer camp has started at the pool, which was renovated last year.’
- ‘I took rifle training as a morning activity at a Catholic summer camp for boys.’
- ‘She is now in a temporary post with the Hudsons and plans to go to America in the summer to work in a summer camp with children.’
- ‘The two-week summer camp took place at the Sir Ira Simmons Secondary School.’
- ‘But every summer they still do a summer camp, and it starts the last week in June and it goes until Labor Day.’
- ‘What he really wants to do is stay behind so he can go to a summer camp at his school with his friends.’
- ‘At a summer camp in Ontario they find an old sketch made by a member of the Group of Seven.’
- ‘Steve plans to fly out to Albania with the climbing gear to give underprivileged children from that country the chance to try the sport on a summer camp.’
- ‘As a part of its activities, the centre organised a three-week summer camp for children in May.’
- ‘The employees of Bausch & Lomb sponsor a summer camp style holiday in Waterford each year.’
- ‘The summer camp is open to both boys and girls from 7 years old to 14 years old.’
- ‘A hockey summer camp will be held at Bromley High School for Girls in August.’
- ‘Clan Kids is a summer camp that's organised through the umbrella group SFU Summer Camps.’
- ‘The first summer camp is now in progress and the second one will run from July 7 to July 11.’
- ‘She struggles to keep his days structured with a summer camp that costs half her monthly rent.’
- ‘Later on he met his wife at a summer camp for children of Holocaust survivors.’
- ‘Shooting took place in the fall of 2001, and while the camp was not open as a summer camp.’
- ‘Carroll came up with the idea for a soccer summer camp six years ago after his own son attended a camp and found it boring.’
- ‘The children who attended the summer camp were among those who had never been to Ireland or on any trip away.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.