One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I was quite surprised to see a scantily clad mannequin reclining sultrily under the covers.’
- ‘Victoria sultrily grinned at him and shrugged as if it were nothing, then strutted up to him in a way that made Alex's breath catch in his throat.’
- ‘Blue For The Most is a beguiling blend of trip-hop, pop and folk, swinging sultrily, with the sort of confidence that sets this debut apart.’
- ‘Phrases like ‘You-ure my wo-o-o-ma-a-an’ slink sultrily through the darkness.’
- ‘And wearing a knowing smile, Jennie walked sultrily over to him, waving a fan of peacock feathers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.