One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘About 3am on Monday morning the storm seemed to have reached its worst and from that hour the wind gradually but sullenly declined.’
- ‘‘Not an astronaut's usual escape route,’ he observed sullenly from the rear of our Chrysler Neon.’
- ‘Audience members will either guffaw heartily, or brood sullenly.’
- ‘She sullenly plops herself in a chair out in the hallway, pouting and petulant and waiting for the people strolling in to recognize her.’
- ‘The locals lined the roads and looked sullenly at their liberators.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.