One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘About 3am on Monday morning the storm seemed to have reached its worst and from that hour the wind gradually but sullenly declined.’
- ‘‘Not an astronaut's usual escape route,’ he observed sullenly from the rear of our Chrysler Neon.’
- ‘Audience members will either guffaw heartily, or brood sullenly.’
- ‘The locals lined the roads and looked sullenly at their liberators.’
- ‘She sullenly plops herself in a chair out in the hallway, pouting and petulant and waiting for the people strolling in to recognize her.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.