One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Though many Leeds fans complained about his laziness and sulkiness in equal measures, there can be no doubting his goalscoring prowess given the right service.’
- ‘It is harshly lit and staffed by waitresses whose sulkiness is forgivable seeing as they have to bustle around in 18 th-century outfits.’
- ‘Then she started annoying me with her sulkiness.’
- ‘With Professor Joy Klamp as the guide, Radio 4 takes its listeners on a journey into the heart of sulkiness.’
- ‘From the hint of sulkiness with which he confronts his breakfast egg to the nimble little dance steps he executes under the influence of champagne, he shows us the inner rascal trying to break through the pressures of respectability.’
- ‘He was, instead, vilified for unsportsmanlike behaviour, a sour face, grudging attitude, sulkiness; because that is what people wanted to see.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.