One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
with object Impregnate, fumigate, or treat with sulfur, especially in bleaching.
- ‘In numerous places thick clouds of vapor burst from the ground, with a strong smell of sulphurated water.’
- ‘The presence of sulfurated compounds in crude oil and heavy fractions is also undesirable.’
- ‘It is an amino-acid that can be synthetized from sulphurated amino-acids: methionine and cysteine.’
- ‘The production of sulphurated hydrogen and indole, together with the possible mobility of the aerobic micro-organisms in question, were inferred using the SIM medium.’
- ‘Glycovit is a dietary supplement containing vitamins, minerals and sulphurated amino acids.’
- ‘BioSan Vita Flax has been fortified with sulphurated protein, making it an all-in-one formula!’
- ‘Only two of the confirmed fatalities were workers employed at the Chuandongbei gas field where a blow out had released a 30-metre geyser of concentrated sulfurated hydrogen.’
- ‘Liver of sulphur is sulphurated potash mostly consists of potassium polysulphides.’
- ‘A well burst suddenly, releasing a high concentration of sulfurated hydrogen into the air.’
- ‘These sources discovered by the Visigoths, of a sulphurated, sodic and chlorinated composition, are particularly recommended for the treatment of the rheumatologic and respiratory disorders.’
- ‘A well burst suddenly and released a high concentration of natural gas and sulfurated hydrogen.’
- ‘Chinese President Hu Jintao has ordered the local authorities to do everything possible to speed up the search and rescue operation and prevent poisonous sulphurated hydrogen gas from spreading.’
- ‘She theorized that supplying the essential fatty acids in combination with sulphurated proteins could restore health.’
- ‘Burning buildings can produce carbon monoxide, nitrous oxides, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and volatile organic and sulphurated compounds.’
- ‘Channeling, caused by sintering during sulfidation, made the flow path of the reactant change and thus pure ZnO sorbent and the sorbent containing 3 wt% Fe2O did not sulfurate completely.’
- ‘Since the fatty acids decay vulcanizing efficiency by reacting with a sulfurating agent leading to a decrease in zinc complex, this enhancement may attribute to the conversion of the fatty acids into zinc soap through the reaction with ZnO.’
- ‘It was the sulphurated hydrogen that made this accident so fatal.’
- ‘Sulphur is found primarily in sulphurated amino acids, and thus mostly in protein.’
- ‘It produces copper concentrates by means of floating sulphurated mineral, and copper cathodes using a lixiviation process of oxidised mineral.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.