One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
as modifier Of or denoting a divalent radical, —SO₂—, derived from a sulfonic acid group.
- ‘He says that it was established that the position of the substituents on the thiophene ring was not crucial, but that methyl sulphonyl substitution at the 4 position on the phenyl ring was essential.’
- ‘Cells were placed on ice, rinsed twice with cold phosphate-buffered saline and then lysed with 10 mM Tris-HCI, pH 7.4, containing phenylmethane sulfonyl fluoride and protease inhibitor cocktail for 20 min.’
- ‘Phenyl methyl sulphonyl fluoride was added to the cell lysate and the lysate stored on ice until use.’
- ‘Methyl sulfonyl methane is a source of organic sulfur, an important component of disulfide bonds in the laminae.’
- ‘It is our intent here to illustrate this mechanistic similarity by reviewing the mechanism of the most widely utilized organic osmolyte, the sulfonyl amino acid, taurine.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.