One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
as modifier Of or denoting a divalent radical, —SO₂—, derived from a sulfonic acid group.
- ‘Methyl sulfonyl methane is a source of organic sulfur, an important component of disulfide bonds in the laminae.’
- ‘Phenyl methyl sulphonyl fluoride was added to the cell lysate and the lysate stored on ice until use.’
- ‘Cells were placed on ice, rinsed twice with cold phosphate-buffered saline and then lysed with 10 mM Tris-HCI, pH 7.4, containing phenylmethane sulfonyl fluoride and protease inhibitor cocktail for 20 min.’
- ‘It is our intent here to illustrate this mechanistic similarity by reviewing the mechanism of the most widely utilized organic osmolyte, the sulfonyl amino acid, taurine.’
- ‘He says that it was established that the position of the substituents on the thiophene ring was not crucial, but that methyl sulphonyl substitution at the 4 position on the phenyl ring was essential.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.