One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘At the airport the subdued passengers from Dubai were not simple shoppers returning from a weekend shopping trip abroad, they were smugglers carrying suitcasefuls of clothes, cosmetics and jewelery.’
- ‘As the Preface explains, this ‘Autobiography’ of Mary Buckler was pieced together by her youngest son Bryan out of a suitcaseful of papers which he had retrieved from her effects.’
- ‘When I go to another country I always travel with a suitcaseful of extra things to give to Jews who can use them.’
- ‘With products multiplying on drugstore and cosmetics-department shelves, it's a relief to hear that we don't need to buy a suitcaseful of face stuff.’
- ‘Cameras are smuggled by the suitcaseful from all over the former Soviet Union, to deal with an ever growing demand.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.