One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be convenient for someone.‘it didn't suit her book at all to be moved’
- ‘Sorry if that doesn't suit your book or your plans for us but when you said for us to go home you forgot one thing.’
- ‘It is typical of the minimisation the Leader of the Opposition is capable of when it suits his book.’
- ‘Of course many of us have to relearn these lessons in a new cycle because changes in monetary policy seldom suit our book at the time.’
- ‘Decide what type of work activities best suit your book.’
- ‘Price your liquidity accurately for each of your client segments and recognize which flows suit your book and which don't, so that you can.’
- ‘My sister is quick to call somebody a friend, even somebody she hardly knows, if it suits her book.’
- ‘It might suit his book to allege that, but that is not the position of my honourable friend.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.