A small round candy of flavored boiled sugar.
- ‘Beautifully packaged, it also makes a personal gift for the holidays: Five-spice cashew brittle, rich maple fudge, or crunchy peppermint bark will inspire visions of sugarplums for everyone on your list.’
- ‘While we're not suggesting that doctors and administrators at the hospitals in question deserve a sack of sugarplums and a hefty Christmas bonus this year, we do think they deserve more than an impromptu crucifixion.’
- ‘The combination of strings, massed trombones (for hymns), choir, and soloists for some reason put me in the mood of the season - snow and sugarplums.’
- ‘We had some fun, sang some worship songs, and then we ate some sugarplums.’
- ‘He first danced in it as a student in St. Petersburg, falling captive to its special, crystal magic, the warm cheer of its Christmas party giving way to a world as cold as a snowflake and as sweet as a sugarplum.’