One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Lence has convincingly argued that ‘the injuries, the usurpations, all these were sufferable until the pernicious acts of George III threatened the very foundations of self-government.’’
- ‘This year however has been pure torture, the hidings from Cats and Dogs being sufferable because in each case Freo was buried half way through the second quarter.’
- ‘Evita, incidentally, was supposed to be three hours long, but the vivacity of musical director Penny Dodd saw it kept to a much more sufferable, even enjoyable, two hours and 20 minutes.’
- ‘Le Tigre was a subtle affair: Its sense of humor, its hummable hooks, and its light genre-hopping never compromised the band's heavy politics - it just made them more sufferable.’
- ‘Lisa Marie Presley's ‘Now What’ is a trite but surprisingly sufferable FM rock, pop and balladry from the beneficiary of the sneer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.