One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Not all things disappear with dramatic suddenness and it might be decades before the various depredations to which wild life is exposed begin to have a noticeable effect.’
- ‘Suicide is devastating, its suddenness can leave many unanswered questions.’
- ‘With his separation ability, suddenness and speed, Winslow consistently gets open.’
- ‘After a few years, when all the richest mining claims had been staked, this small city imploded with equal suddenness, turning almost into a ghost town.’
- ‘The suddenness of the tsunami caught literally tens of thousands of people unaware along the coastlines of southern Asia.’
- ‘This past week, the two little guys learned - with amazing suddenness - how to ride bikes.’
- ‘It was the suddenness with which the drop opened, more than a thousand feet from Hualapai Hilltop to the pale thread of the track below, that took my breath away.’
- ‘We moved briskly along at the edge of Sloan's Lake, when Fred stopped short with such suddenness that he fairly yanked my arm out of the socket.’
- ‘This time, the suddenness of the fall was reinforced by the fact that it immediately followed her latest explosive re-entry into the political firmament.’
- ‘Peter's been gone long enough that the suddenness of his passing has gone by but the ache is still there.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.