One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for invertase
- ‘The latter are converted to monosaccharides by intestinal saccharidases, including maltases that hydrolyze di- and trisaccharides, and the more specific disaccharidases, sucrase, lactase, and trehalase.’
- ‘Examples of the latter could include such diverse disorders as sucrase / isomaltase deficiency, Alagille syndrome (paucity of intrahepatic bile ducts), and some forms of Hirschprung's disease.’
- ‘Enhanced digestion of sucrose was demonstrated when Saccharomyces cerevisiae, a yeast containing the enzyme sucrase, was administered therapeutically.’
- ‘In addition to its activity against the rat enzyme, baicalein also inhibited human intestinal sucrase expressed in Caco - 2 cells.’
- ‘All birds in the sturnid-muscicapid lineage that have been examined lack expression of the intestinal enzyme sucrase, which breaks down sucrose into its constituent monosaccharides, glucose and fructose.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.