One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for remora
- ‘There, 1,400 farmers have been denied vital irrigation water to protect the bottom-feeding suckerfish.’
- ‘But, as a result of constant draining, the lake's suckerfish declined and eventually became an endangered species.’
- ‘But the suckerfish and the coho salmon are teetering on the brink of extinction and both are afforded protection under the Endangered Species Act.’
- ‘The speaker is able to engage sensuously with the brilliant carp, nature's highlights, only if the reach of nature into darker places where dwell the suckerfish, the ‘drainers of dregs, drab makers of clarity’ are set in Jungian balance.’
- ‘But her paranoia still clung to her like suckerfish would do to a shark.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.