One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
To the extent that.‘the linking of sentences such that they constitute a narrative’
- ‘The ferocity of the assault was such that he passed out and remembers nothing further of the attack.’
- ‘The popularity of the song was such that it was repeatedly played at the festival venue.’
- ‘My grief was such that I wanted to go somewhere where I didn't know anybody at all.’
- ‘His self-assurance is such that he can never help himself pointing out the flaws in others.’
- ‘The outcry was such that something had to be done and be seen to be done.’
- ‘The demand for tickets was such that hundreds of people were turned away at the door.’
- ‘The quality of the reprints was such that the photos appeared to have lost nothing due to the passage of time.’
- ‘This enthusiasm is such that it is bound to make it easier to obtain permission for the likes of wind farms.’
- ‘My naivety about property prices is such that I thought I'd discovered a new bit of London.’
- ‘His autism is such that it restricts his ability to handle even the most basic social situation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.