One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I challenged him specifically on the question of biostratigraphy and the successional order of appearance of the various forms of life in the fossil record.’
- ‘Make successional sowings of beetroot, carrots, lettuce, radish and turnips.’
- ‘However, some researchers have suggested ultimate dominance by maple or maple and basswood, and the successional trend from hardwood to hemlock is not apparent in all plots in this study.’
- ‘One explanation may be that large-seeded species are successful at all successional stages once seeds arrive, but that colonization is delayed by ineffective seed dispersal.’
- ‘However, our sampling approach did allow us to assess how the natural distribution of successional environments impacted spatial variation in fish assemblages among drainages.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.