One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I challenged him specifically on the question of biostratigraphy and the successional order of appearance of the various forms of life in the fossil record.’
- ‘However, our sampling approach did allow us to assess how the natural distribution of successional environments impacted spatial variation in fish assemblages among drainages.’
- ‘One explanation may be that large-seeded species are successful at all successional stages once seeds arrive, but that colonization is delayed by ineffective seed dispersal.’
- ‘However, some researchers have suggested ultimate dominance by maple or maple and basswood, and the successional trend from hardwood to hemlock is not apparent in all plots in this study.’
- ‘Make successional sowings of beetroot, carrots, lettuce, radish and turnips.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.