One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the regions adjacent to or bordering on the tropics.‘North Island enjoys a subtropical climate’‘dense subtropical forest’
- ‘The tree will fruit only in a subtropical or tropical climate where there is a distinct dry season.’
- ‘The subtropical jungle area is located mainly along the Mekong river.’
- ‘The climate is subtropical, with a hurricane season from June through November.’
- ‘More than 400 million people in subtropical regions at grave risk.’
- ‘This family of fish almost all inhabit tropical or subtropical waters.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.