Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A self-contained system within a larger system.
- ‘The behaviour of the Virtual Memory Manager affects all other kernel subsystems, and has a dramatic impact on overall system performance.’
- ‘Delay may be introduced in the buffering between the telephony subsystem and the compression subsystem.’
- ‘The time it takes to complete this task depends on the location of the data in the memory subsystem or cache hierarchy.’
- ‘Units have to be seen as independently acting subsystems within a larger system.’
- ‘Both fields are entering a stage of development where new discoveries will be made by learning how systems and subsystems behave.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.