One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This is in contrast to recently published reports in which good performance of reconstruction methods was recorded despite extensive substitutional saturation.’
- ‘For simplicity the interstitial elements carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, boron, and hydrogen will be referred to as contaminants, and the substitutional elements, intentionally added, will be referred to as alloying elements.’
- ‘Under the substitutional theory of artifact production, the forgeries of documents so common in the Middle Ages can be understood as the legitimate reproduction of accidentally misplaced facts.’
- ‘But the interference between the substitutional principle of origins and the authorial or performative principle of artifact production was dynamic.’
- ‘Art in his view did not really enter into its full historical role, its civilizing potential, until the figural and substitutional folding of time had finally been straightened out.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.